When I was looking for a way to add additional income to my life, I was introduced to the anti-aging industry. I never thought I’d be doing something like this, but when I took a look at the industry, the trends and the billions of dollars exchanged, I knew that it just made sense.
Worldwide Anti-aging Trends
By positioning your business in front of worldwide aging trends it can be as big and successful as you want it to be. Below are just a few reasons why:
PEOPLE WANT TO CONTROL HOW THEY AGE
In a global study by AC Nielsen, over 60% of women confirmed that being in your 60s is the new middle age.
PEOPLE WANT TO CONTROL HOW THEY LIVE
The prospect of longer life spans is not only raising concerns about the quality of life, but also increased anxiety about financial resources and the prospect of loneliness – all of which Direct Selling are in a position to assist with.
3. HEALTH & BEAUTY INDUSTRY REPRESENTS OVER US $500 BILLION WORLDWIDE
• The aging population means that there is a growing market of people desiring anti-aging products and able to pay the premium prices they command
• Global cosmetics and toiletries market is currently worth $333 billion (USD)
• Global nutritional products category was estimated at $240 billion (USD)
• Aging is the dominant demographic trend across North America,Europe and much of Asia. In fact, by 2015 the anti-aging industry is projected to grow by:
– 76%in theU S
– 72% inJapan
– 82% in theAsia Pacific
• Society is aging on a global scale. By 2012, approximately 26% (80.6 million) of the U.S. population will be aged 55 and over, up from 24%in 2007.